Terrebonne Parish Recreation is excited to announce our 2021 Softball Pitcher/Catcher Combo Extended Practice Sessions.
There will be two separate sessions offered, lasting 2 days each week for 4 weeks, throughout July and August 2021. Sessions are free of charge to girls (pitcher/catcher combo) who registered for the 2021 TPR softball season, but registration is required.
Participants (pitcher/catcher) must register together as a set and will cycle through sessions together as a dedicated 2-person match up. Pitchers/catchers should be paired within the same age appropriate group.
Sessions are limited to 10 pitcher/catcher sets per session.
Sessions will be offered:
- Tuesdays & Thursdays from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM (GREEN)
- Wednesdays & Fridays from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM (GOLD)
Registrants will be required to attend the Tuesday/Thursday schedule or Wednesday/Friday schedule for the 4 week/8 session camps with their dedicated partner. Participants will not be allowed to swap days once registered.
- Session 1 : Discuss fundamentals, warm up, and a baseline evaluation of the pitchers/catchers (form, speed, technique).
- Session 2: Warm up, wrist whip, 1/2 motion pitch, step/drag on powerline, evaluate progress.
- Session 3: Segments of sessions 1 & 2 to warm up, move to full motion pitching from appropriate distance to evaluate progress.
- Session 4: Segments of sessions 1,2, & 3 to warm up, full pitching form, swing back, stride, what's legal, what's not.
- Session 5: Segments of sessions 1,2, & 3 to warm up, full pitching form, evaluate techniques, make adjustments.
- Sessions 6 & 7: Segments of sessions 1,2, & 3 to warm up, full pitching form, progress or re-visit mechanics.
- Session 8: Segments of sessions 1,2, & 3 to warm up, full pitching form, final pitching assessment (form, speed, technique).
Softball Camp GREEN:
- Tuesday July 27 - Session 1 – 7PM to 8:30PM
- Thursday July 29 - Session 2 – 7PM to 8:30PM
- Tuesday August 3 - Session 3 – 7PM to 8:30PM
- Thursday August 5- Session 4 – 7PM to 8:30PM
- Tuesday August 10- Session 5– 7PM to 8:30PM
- Thursday August 12 - Session 6 – 7PM to 8:30PM
- Tuesday August 17 - Session 7 – 7PM to 8:30PM
- Thursday August 19- Session 8 – 7PM to 8:30PM
Softball Camp GOLD:
- Wednesday July 28 - Session 1 – 6PM to 7:30PM
- Friday July 30 - Session 2 – 6PM to 7:30PM
- Wednesday August 4 - Session 3 – 6PM to 7:30PM
- Friday August 6- Session 4 – 6PM to 7:30PM
- Wednesday August 11- Session 5– 6PM to 7:30PM
- Friday August 13 - Session 6 – 6PM to 7:30PM
- Wednesday August 18 - Session 7 – 6PM to 7:30PM
- Friday August 20- Session 8 – 6PM to 7:30PM
Registration is available in person only at the Government Tower and both pitcher/catcher will need to be present to register. Space is limited.
Choose Softball Camp GREEN for Tuesday & Thursday schedule or Softball Camp GOLD for Wednesday & Friday schedule.
Please include a valid email address at registration and 2021 team played on for “team played last year” selection. Once 2021 participation is verified, participants will receive an email with specific details. YAHOO email users may have to check “junk mail” folder.