TP Tennis Complex Offers Fall Group Tennis Program for Kids and Teens
Terrebonne Parish Recreation is offering an 8-week Fall group tennis program for kids ages 3.5 to 17, starting Monday, October 14, 2019 at the Terrebonne Parsh Tennis Complex (former Renaissance), 106 Southdown West Blvd. Houma, Louisiana 70360.
This program will offer 5 different group programs separated by age. Each group will focus on age appropriate skills and strategies. The group fee varies by age and practice days. Each group must have at least 4 kids to proceed. The groups are as follows:
- Peewee Tennis Group for ages 3.5 to 5.5 Designed for true beginners to tennis, this program focuses on motor skills, hand eye coordination, and fun.
- Quick Start Tennis Group for ages 6 to 8 This program focuses on beginning the foundations for stroke mechanics. Match play and real points are introduced. 30-foot courts and 23-inch racquets are used.
- Orange Ball Tennis Group for ages 8 to 10 This program is designed for those players transitioning from red ball to orange ball. Players will move up to a 60-foot court.
- Intermediate Hitting Session for ages 11 to 16 Designed for those players using yellow ball on a full size court. Match play will be the primary focus.
- Advanced Hitting Session for ages 13 to17 Designed for players competing in several tournaments a year, playing varsity high school tennis, or plan on making the State Tournament.
For more information or to register, call Scott Rhodes at 985-860-4109 or email at email@example.com.